Sunday, August 22, 2010

Got a Mouth, Use It

I don’t remember the first time I heard it, but I know I heard it a lot: “shut up!” Since I was really young, once I open my mouth it was an immediate shut up, stop talking, do you know how to be quiet, close that mouth, it’s too much...and I listened the best I could until something interesting came up and I had to talk about it, and talk more, and more, and more, until the cycle came full circle: I hear it once again, “shut up!

In my own defense, I don’t just talk for talking sake. Actually, I never had. You see, I have things to say. Important things. And my eyes and mouth work in sync, you know? I see things—and bamm! I have to comment on it. No, I can’t stop it. It’s like Mean Girls, word vomit, flows out of my mouth without warning. If you catch me at one of those (very rare) times when I choose to keep quiet, then know my mind is active. I’m probably commenting on the face you’re making right know and you don’t know it. (In the most positive way possible, of course) But then again, there’s probably something going on behind you that’s more interesting.

Has my mouth gotten me noticed? Sometimes. Gotten me in trouble? Hell yeah. But, don’t I have it? Of course. And expect me to use it.

No comments:

Post a Comment